Halloween 2020: Captain A & Chief Engineer Pam putting Safety First
Halloween 2021: Two musketeers Achi and Pyou protect all who visit Ste 418
YOUR HEALTH and WELL BEING ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY!
Our office has utilized an Infection Control Program including Personal Protective Equipment ( PPE) that has exceeded CDC guidelines for many years. In light of COVID-19 Pandemic we have implemented additional safety measures and protocols.
Thank you for your trust and confidence.
CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE PICK UP of Dental/Oral health products. Please call Pam to arrange the best time for you to stop by and we will meet you at the EWA side parking area.
TELEPHONE PRE-SCREENING FOR DENTAL APPOINTMENT : A mandatory prescreening survey via telephone must be completed two days prior to your appointment.
DAY OF APPOINTMENT CHECK IN PROCEDURES: SCREENING/TEMPERATURE CHECK
If you are sick/not feeling well, please give us a call to reschedule your appointment promptly.
If you are well, we appreciate your being on time so we can complete the additional steps needed prior to your dental appointment.
Upon arrival on the 6th floor of our parking structure, kindly let us know by calling our office 808 488-8577. Pam will reconfirm pre-appointment information and conduct your temperature check using a contactless Infrared thermometer.
Kindly wear your mask.
Below are links for forms needed for check in. Please be advised that these forms are subject to change as COVID-19 Pandemic information is updated.
- COVID-19/ATD Screening Form : will be reviewed by staff at both pre-screening telephone calls and at the time of your appointment.
- COVID-19 Dental Treatment Consent Form: will be reviewed with you at your appointment
INFECTION CONTROL PROGRAM including RESPIRATORY SAFETY PROGRAM and ADDITIONAL SAFEGUARDS due to Aerosol Transmitted Diseases such as CORONA VIRUS 2/ COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
2015 to March 2020: Greeting Area
L-R: Dr. C and Pam
May 2020 Greeting Area: Plexiglass barrier
Magazines and books cleared to facilitate safety/cleaning protocols between patients.
L-R Dr. Chin and Pam in PPE
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- We request patients present solo unless they are a minor and/or have special needs that require assistance from another responsible party.
- Staggered appointments to allow one patient in the office at a time.
- Front office: plexiglass barrier in greeting window, separation of treatment areas from rest of office.
2013 PPE has been tradition -Dr.C and Didee!
- STRINGENT PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT ( PPE ) used for the past 32 years: gown, bibs, gloves, masks, bonnet, face shield, office footwear, addition: surgeon hood and aprons.
- We require a MASK TO BE WORN BY ALL (patient/visitor) upon entering the office.
- HANDWASHING FOR 30 SECONDS with special disinfectant soap pre and post dental care- World Health Organization technique posted.
- Continued ORAL RINSES pre /during and after dental treatment by all patients to reduce exposure to pathogens.
- Use of HIGH SPEED INTRA-ORAL EVACUATION SUCTIONS , non-latex rubber dam as indicated.
- SURGICALLY CLEAN AIR 5000C JADE UNITS ( SCA JADES)
- Surgically Clean Air's medical grade purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify and re-energize the indoor air. The six (6) stage filtration system captures dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), gases, mold, allergens, viruses, odors (like formaldehyde and smoke), bio-aerosols, and many other pollutants that may be found inside air in offices. The negative ion generator makes indoor feel more pure, clean and energized to help combat fatigue. Our SCA 5000C JADE units deliver their benefits throughout our dental office by moving large volumes of air through its filtration system effectively without impacting our patients that are closest to our JADE units or being too loud.
- Click here to learn more about JADE TECHNOLOGIES.
- EXTRA-ORAL DENTAL AEROSOL VACUUM
"Our friend DAV-EE"DentAirVac VII Turbo+ "At Source" Oral Aerosol Evacuation Vacuum and Air Cleaning System is designed to capture dental oral aerosols including airborne pathogens and viruses, odors, vapors, particles and dust away from the immediate breathing area of our patient, Dr. Chin and super assistant Pam.
- Advanced four-stage filtration system including moisture intake liner, prefilter, HEPA filter, and granulated carbon filter.
- Use of HOCL ( HYPOCHLOROUS ACID/ELECTROLYSED SALT WATER) in FOGGER, mister, spray bottle for air and surface disinfection in addition to existing EPA registered/CDC approved surface disinfectant cleaners after every patient visit.
- Use of BIOESQUE ( Botanical Disinfectant Solution ) in PROTEXUS ELECTROSTATIC SPRAYER for 360 degree hard/soft surface disinfection.
- Follow-up calls to answer any questions that may have arisen after your appointment. You are also welcome to call us and if no answer, leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
- Active monitoring of updated guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, HIOSH/OSHA, WHO, ADA, HDA, and other organizations.
LONGSTANDING INFECTION CONTROL PROGRAM:
- All instruments, handpieces, ultrasonic cleaners are cleaned, processed, and sterilized in an AUTOCLAVE AFTER EVERY USE.
- STRINGENT PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) -standard practice for us since 1990 as above.
- PERSONALIZED SET UP for each patient.
- All DISPOSABLE barriers including plastic wrappers on equipment/surfaces, dental chair covers, and headrest cover CHANGED AFTER EVERY USE.
- Tinted safety glasses (we encourage you to BRING YOU OWN sunglasses, headphones, jacket), dental chair/COMFORT REST cushion disinfected AFTER EVERY USE.
- CLOSED WATERLINE SYSTEM using distilled water with regular DAILY and WEEKLY maintenance; Sterisil SMART Distilled Water Compliance System
- A WEEKLY SPORE TEST is submitted to an independent mainland lab to confirm sterilizer performance.
Oral Health tips for Fall 2020
Most common dental emergency to date: cracked/chipped teeth.
- Avoid hard foods.
- Chew slowly- be mindful and enjoy your food!
- Wear mouthguards at night/during sleep and anytime you may be clenching/grinding your teeth.
- Practice oral hygiene routine as prescribed by Dr.C and Pam, RDH. As we know- "we only take care of the teeth and gums we want to keep".
- Use products/aids as recommended as their benefits are important especially during these stressful times.
- Welcome to call Pam (808 488-8577) to use contactless pick up for oral health supplies needed.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding our safety protocols
kindly give us a call .
Take care, safety first and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Aloha, Dr.C and Pam