Welcome...please make yourself "at home" knowing that your safety, health and wellbeing are our priority.
Comfort, convenience and cleanliness are the hallmarks of our office. Below is information about office hours, location, appointment scheduling, insurance and billing.
Telephone: Please call our office with any additional questions and /or concerns you may have. If we do not answer during office hours we are likely helping a patient. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Angela M.A. Chin, DMD, FAGD
1314 S. King Street Suite 418
Honolulu, HI 96814
Tel: (808) 488-8577
|Monday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Thursday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Friday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Saturday:||06:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Sunday||By appointment only for Kapuna/patients of record|
*Office hours are subject to change. We will do our best to accommodate your needs and schedule.
Interstate Building at 1314 S. King Street. We are located in Suite 418.
Pre-Screening for appointments:
A mandatory prescreening survey must be completed two days prior to your appointment as well as on the day of your appointment. Upon arrival on the 6th floor of our parking structure, kindly call our office. Pam will reconfirm pre-appointment information and temperature check.
If you have a reserved appointment time and are not feeling well, kindly call our office to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
As a new patient, your initial appointment will consist of a complete examination including:
- Pre-appointment Meeting with Dr. Chin via telephone: Thorough review of your medical and dental history including medications.
- Head and neck examination
- Oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of your gums (periodontal charting) and teeth and restorations.
- Inspection of your bite and jaw joint (TMJ-temporomandibular joint).
- Intra-oral video camera tour of your mouth where you will see what Dr. Chin sees. The images taken will be reviewed during your next visit as part of your diagnostic consultation.
- Digital dental x-rays. A protective apron with thyroid collar is used when taking all x-rays.
- A panograph, other imaging studies and diagnostic models may also be necessary to obtain adequate information to make a complete assessment.
Insurance and Billing
Dr. Chin is not a contract dentist for any insurance carrier or Health Management Organizations. However, we are happy to file your insurance claims for your reimbursement as long as you are free to choose your own dentist. Financial arrangements are available for more complex procedures and cases. Please speak to our financial coordinator. Our goal is to have every patient select the option best suited for their situation and to coordinate your benefits and treatment so you can ultimately have your best healthy smile for a lifetime.
We accept Cash/Check and Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express. Financial arrangements are available for more complex procedures and cases. Please speak with our financial coordinator. Our goal is to have every patient understand and select the option best suited for their situation and to coordinate your benefits and treatment so you can ultimately have your best healthy smile for a lifetime. We are here to help you obtain the level of dental care that best fits your needs and dreams. While we are not contracted by any insurance company we strive to explain and maximize your benefits under the rules governing your plan.
Infection Control program including Respiratory Safety Measures and Equipment
- Strict infection control measures-we treat our patients as we ourselves would want to be treated.
- All instruments, handpieces, ultrasonic cleaners are cleaned, processed and sterilized in autoclave after every use.
- Weekly spore test is submitted to an independant mainland lab to confirm sterilizer performance.
- Stringent PPE( personal protective equipment) -standard since 1990 including mask, bonnet, faceshield, gown, gloves.
- Personalized set-up for each patient.
- All disposable barrriers including plastic wrappers on equipment/surfaces, dental chair and headrest covers changed after every use.
- Dental chair cushion disinfected after every use.
- Closed distilled water waterline system with regular daily and weekly maintenance.
- ADDITIONAL SAFEGUARDS due to aerosol transmitted diseases such as CORONA VIRUS 2:
- Staggered appointments to allow one patient in office at a time for their dental care.
- Physical Distancing in our office: we request patients present alone unless they are a minor and/or have special needs that require assistance of another responsible party.
- Stringent PPE used for past 30 years will continue with addition of surgeon hood and foot coverings.
- Handwashing with special disinfectant soap prior to seating in dental chair- World Health Organization technique posted.
- Use of HVAC, non latex rubber dam as indicated.
- Dental Aerosol Vacuum - Dentairvac
- Surgically Clean Air JADE units ( see additional information provided)- 6 stage air filtering/purifier/ionizing units.
- Use of HOCL ( Hypochlorous acid/electolyzed salt water) in fogger, mister, spray for air and surface disinfection in addition to existing EPA registered/CDC approved surface disinfectant cleaners.
- Physical additions to office: plexiglass barrier in greeting window, separation of treatment areas from rest of office.
- Digital Intraoral Camera-images are very helpful in explaining your diagnosis and treatment.
- Operator Magnification Devices with Focus Light
- Hawaii State Radiation License and regular inspections as required by State of Hawaii.
- Our office is comfortable, clean and has a relaxing “at-home atmosphere”. Please call our office for directions as needed.